Fling International Bar Services is committed to being an environmentally responsible business and to constantly seek ways to reduce our environmental impact.
In 2007 Fling International made a commitment to operate as a carbon neutral company by offsetting all carbon emissions generated by Fling International's London office and by all business flights undertaken by Fling employees through the Carbon Neutral Company: www.carbonneutral.com.
This commitment has also been extended to incorporate all business flights undertaken by Fling employees since the inception of the company in 2003.
To best reflect our business as an international company we support the International Communities Portfolio. This portfolio brings together international projects that not only reduce CO2 emissions but also enhance local communities.
For further details on the International Communities Portfolio please click here.
Although we believe that making the commitment to operate as an environmentally responsible business is an important and valuable step forward, we also realise that simply offsetting our carbon emissions is not the solution to the issues facing our generation.
Our environmental and social commitments:
- Operate a carbon neutral business
- Minimise and deal responsibly with all our waste and endeavour to recycle as much material as possible
- Reduce our contribution to climate change through efficient use of energy and the use of renewable energy sources and suppliers
- Promote a purchasing policy which will give preference, as far as practicable, to suppliers who share our commitment to: the environment, social responsibility, good labour and environmental standards, and fair trade
- Promote a policy which aims to minimize the impact of our business on the environment
- Promote an ethical purchasing policy and give preference as far as practicable to suppliers who share our commitment to using local suppliers
- Treat our employees and clients openly and fairly
- Communicate our policies clearly to clients & suppliers
- Ensure continuous improvement in our environmental and social responsibility performance
- Support environmentally responsible materials and technologies by promoting the use of organic, fair-trade and sweatshop free whenever possible